Come Enjoy the Berkshire Outdoors!
Vacation in The Berkshires
Chambery Inn is the closet hotel to Massachusetts' largest state forest, and is just a quick walk or drive from many Berkshire landmarks. Options for Hiking, Biking, and Kayaking abound, our guests are welcome to use our colorful cruiser bikes to take a ride around main street or rent our kayaks to explore one of the many beautiful Berkshire lakes or rivers. Stay with us and wake up refreshed with an array of options to experience the unique culture of our area.
Our newly updated Bed and Breakfast / Boutique Hotel is a mix of old and new, with some of the fastest high-speed internet in the area! Smart televisions, Alexa enabled alarm clocks, and coffee/tea stations are just some of the options you will find blended with original and unique furnishing you won't find anywhere else! Chambery is a small business located in Lee, Massachusetts, directly on Main St with a large front yard, the inn is our vision of the American dream, our second home just down the road and is family-owned and operated. Whether it is suggesting a great place to eat or a must-see show, we thrive on treating you, our most valued guests, like one of the family.
A little History...
With French-inspired design and nine exceptional rooms, this nineteenth-century parochial school turned country inn possesses a unique character that celebrates it as a truly distinctive landmark in the beautiful Berkshire Hills. Located in the heart of Lee, Massachusetts, this unique historic hostelry has delighted guests since its opening in 1990. The Inn offers spacious 500-square foot suites which include elegantly canopied beds, comfortable sitting areas with warming fireplaces to end a day on the slopes, private baths with soothing whirlpool tubs, a desk, phone, and cable television. Eight-foot windows and embossed thirteen-foot ceilings, designer fabrics, and the original blackboards contribute to the ambiance of this gracious Inn.
Our charming breakfast basket, delivered to your door, makes breakfast in bed a common occurrence at The Chambery Inn. Come back to find school as never before, and the three R's the Chambery way: Rest, Relaxation, and Rejuvenation!
Benefits of Chambery
- 20 people maximum including staff even when totally sold out
- Adults only
- Large Private rooms, Limited Common areas
- Breakfast delivered to your room door in a basket with no face to face interaction required
- No communal dining
- Online reservations are all Touchless reservations, Phone reservations only require a signature
- Closest hotel to largest state forest in Massachusetts
- Located on Smalltown Main Street with wide uncongested sidewalks to take a stroll
- Closely located to numerous outdoor hiking areas and other outdoor/social distancing activities
- Spa services are individualized in your own room and every individual has to fill out health forms prior to services being rendered. Our average sales are 3-6 couples massages per month.
- Not open to the general public, reservations are required
- Only 3 rooms per floor, most rooms average 500sqft with 13ft ceilings and are more than twice the size of an average hotel room
- Your complete room payment goes directly to supporting building operations and living wages for staff.
Things to consider when booking a room anywhere
- How many rooms at the property?
- Is breakfast a buffet style or communal breakfast?
- What is the maximum occupancy of the rooms / property?
- How many rooms does a housekeeper clean per day?
- Are there many communal spaces such as pool, lounge, or dining areas?
- Are they open to the general public for dining etc?
- Do they have event space? What is the maximum occupancy or how many people could be there?
- Is the hotel branded or have investors thus taking a portion of your room payment away from property maintenance, housekeeping and operations staff?