We are Currently Closed until June 1st or further notice.
Out of an abundance of caution, Chambery Inn has closed its doors in March 2020 for the first time in over 30 years. We expect to be open and welcoming guests as soon as safely allowable. All Reservations made directly through us through June 30th 2020, will have no cancellation fees for those not able to travel due to COVID-19. Existing Pre-Paid-Non-Refundable Reservations for this period will be provided with a Gift Certificate, usable anytime in the future, for the deposit amount.
***Note: For third Party Cancellations you must contact the reservation provider and follow their cancellation policies***
As there are currently no standards for hotels operating during or after the COVID-19 pandemic we have taken it upon ourselves to try and preplan as much as possible. Below are a few changes you can expect to our Standard operating procedures upon reopening:
- All Check-ins / Check-outs will be express and as contactless as possible.
- Sign-in sheets will not be required for any reservation made online. Please check your confirmation letter for details and a friendly reminder that we are a non-smoking property and we do not allow any pets.
- Our desk staff will be reallocated for additional housekeeping / sanitation procedures. This means Touchless Self-check-in and Self-check-out will be the norm unless otherwise requested.
- Staff will be utilizing PPE at all times and we encourage guests in common areas to do so as well, Masks and Gloves will be available for purchase.
- Cleanliness is always top of mind, please check out our reviews. That being said we will be increasing the frequency of disinfecting all high touch surfaces throughout the Inn.
- Housekeeping supplies and amenities can be delivered to your door and left for you to safely retrieve without staff contact.
Thinking about relaxing when this is all over? We are too, and we miss seeing all our familiar faces
and welcoming new travelers to our beautiful Berkshires.
As you consider options for your next stay please consider the following: In the last 10 years we have seen big box chain after chain built in the Berkshires, each one stamping out hundreds of cookie-cutter rooms designed to maximize occupancy, and built to speed clean for the next guest. These brands are built to create revenue for their shareholders. If you are coming to experience the Berkshires why stay at a brand you can find in any major city? When we are free to travel again will you choose to stay at the big box hotel with 400+ other guests or the small independent inns? Please consider places like Chambery where even when the inn is filled to capacity, there are 20 people maximum in the house.
Our building has stood for 135 years as a piece of history that has survived previous pandemics. Our motto is the three r's of Rest, Relaxation and Rejuvenation, but Safety and Cleanliness are always at the forefront of all our staff minds. Unlike large hotels where housekeepers can be assigned upwards of 20 rooms per day, our housekeepers clean a maximum of 5 rooms per person per day ensuring the room is in the utmost condition, ready to continue for another 135 years.
Benefits of Chambery
- 20 people maximum including staff even when totally sold out
- Adults only
- Large Private rooms, Limited Common areas
- Breakfast delivered to your room door in a basket with no face to face interaction required
- No communal dining
- Online reservations are all Touchless reservations, Phone reservations only require a signature
- Closest hotel to largest state forest in Massachusetts
- Located on Smalltown Main Street with wide uncongested sidewalks to take a stroll
- Closely located to numerous outdoor hiking areas and other outdoor/social distancing activities
- Spa services are individualized in your own room and every individual has to fill out health forms prior to services being rendered. Our average sales are 3-6 couples massages per month.
- Not open to the general public, reservations are required
- Only 3 rooms per floor, most rooms average 500sqft with 13ft ceilings and are more than twice the size of an average hotel room
- Your complete room payment goes directly to supporting building operations and living wages for staff.
Things to consider when booking a room anywhere
- How many rooms at the property?
- Is breakfast a buffet style or communal breakfast?
- What is the maximum occupancy of the rooms / property?
- How many rooms does a housekeeper clean per day?
- Are there many communal spaces such as pool, lounge, or dining areas?
- Are they open to the general public for dining etc?
- Do they have event space? What is the maximum occupancy or how many people could be there?
- Is the hotel branded or have investors thus taking a portion of your room payment away from property maintenance, housekeeping and operations staff?
Everyday Information about the Inn
With French-inspired design and nine exceptional rooms, this nineteenth-century parochial school turned country inn possesses a unique character that celebrates it as a truly distinctive landmark in the beautiful Berkshire Hills. Located in the heart of Lee, Massachusetts, this unique historic hostelry has delighted guests since its opening in 1990. The Inn offers spacious 500-square foot suites which include elegant canopied beds, comfortable sitting areas with warming fireplaces to end a day on the slopes, private baths with soothing whirlpool tubs, a desk, phone, and cable television. Eight-foot windows and embossed thirteen-foot ceilings, designer fabrics, and the original blackboards contribute to the ambiance of this gracious Inn.
Vacation in The Berkshires
Our charming breakfast basket, delivered to your door, makes breakfast in bed a common occurrence at The Chambery Inn. Come back to find school as never before, and the three R's the Chambery way: Rest, Relaxation, and Rejuvenation!
Just a quick walk or drive from many Berkshire landmarks, guests wake up refreshed and informed with an array of options to experience the unique culture of our area. Our newly updated Bed and Breakfast slash Boutique Hotel is in Lee, Massachusetts, located on Main St, is family owned and operated. Whether it is suggesting a great place to eat or a must see show, we thrive on treating you, our most valued guests, like one of the family.